Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year 2008 Jan 1&2

Happy New Year to ALL 2008
This year I am really going to be a much better blogger. It is so fun to read Heidi's and Debbie's and I want to have a fun record of the year like that==== so hear goes.
New Year's eve we had the whole family here. It was GREAT! We had all our favorite snacks and played games. We were so involved that 10 seconds before mid-night Debbie reminded us to look and we all ran down to the TV and gave our quiet cheers and claps so as not to wake up all the little ones.
New Years Day the Johnsons headed home to recop from their trip to Tenn. and illness. The rest of us including Grandpa Duffin and a friend of Heather's had a wonderful Prime Rib dinner.
We sent some down to the Johnsons and Tarl with Debbie so all got to participate.
This morning Jim took Heahter to the airpot and tonight she called and is safe and sound back in Virigina. Here in the morning and back east in the evening. I sure do miss her already. But I will go out and visit in just 3 short months!
Today I went to Provo to sit for the Lambsons. It was only 3 hours but Wow! 3 all needing attention at once-- how did I ever do it when my girls where that age. I sure do enjoy being with them thought. I took Kalyana over to Shoko with me and she remined me so much of her mom. Debbies favorite phrase in every store was " I really need this" and that is what Kalyana said. It was so cute and so funny. Like Mother like daugher. And of course Grandma can not refuse.
I stopped at Johnsons for a few minutes to visit my sickies. Then drove home to more Prime Rib yum.

Sunday Dec 29 I finished the first book in a series of 3 called Fishers Of Men. I really enjoyed it and will start book 2 soon. It is all about Christ and what the people were like in his time.

Last Friday Dec 28 we held the annual Gates party at our ward building. As always it was fun to share a meal and then sing the Gates music. This was the first year with out any of the sisters.
All have returned home, with 2 going this past year, and that night they were all probably having a wonderful reunion with their folks and Buddy and singing right along with us.

We recieved so many christmas letters , pictures and cards from such dear friends, Many we only hear from once a year due to lives many demands and busyness. It was wonderful to read them and be part of their lives for a few minutes druning this magic time of year.

The best part of Christmas was having my family all here around me. I love to be with them and bask in their energy and goodness. Even though it can get hectic I LOVE IT! We had Heather with us for 2 weeks ....that was terrific.
We had 2 Christmas --- one with the whole family on the 21st and a real quiet one with Jim Heahter and I on Christmas. Both were so very enjoyable and fun. Those sweet little grandkids were so amazing and adorable to watch. Oh the Joy and Innonce of Youth. Love and Happiness and Pure Awe just radiates from them. They are so Precious to be around
What wonderful daughers we have --I am so grateful for them! Heidi and Debbie have the Best Husbands and most precious kids. How I love gleaming enjoyment, sweetness, tenderness, love and pureness from their little beings.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love it mom. I really hope you keep this New Year's Resolution!! I'll have to read the entry again when you get pictures up.

Cranberryfries said...

So great. You can tell I'm loosing focus of my blog too since I usually was so good at checking my 'regulars' and all. I'm so glad that you're updating! Yahoo! The kids say hi and thanks for playing.